Cross-Curricular Learning for the Instrumental EnsembleArlene Bennett - Kendor Music, Inc.
The perfect cross-curricular resource for the instrumental and even general music teacher to help make connections between music and other academic areas, enriching students' understanding of the music they are studying. Each of the nine units connects to at least one other area of study with student-centered lessons and projects that illustrate these relationships more clearly. These units support the Connecting standards for the 2014 NCAS standards for music. Each unit includes a suggested repertoire list for both concert band and orchestra along with the activities and projects.
- Unit 1 - Periods in Music History
- Unit 2 - William Tell Overture
- Unit 3 - In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Unit 4 - The Music of Russia
- Unit 5 - Music of the Civil War
- Unit 6 - Aaron Copland
- Unit 7 - Music and the Movies
- Unit 8 - Beauty and the Beast
- Unit 9 - Math and Music