Multitrack recording has never been easier
The R24 provides 24 tracks for recording and playback (up to 8 tracks can be recorded simultaneously) in full fidelity WAV format (16 or 24-bit, at 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling rates), making it ideal for both professional production and for use as a musical sketchpad. Battery operation allows for field recording and enables you to capture your musical ideas quickly. You can connect external microphones or line-level sources directly to the R24 or use the built-in stereo mic pair for minimal setup. You can also plug instruments such as electric guitar or bass right into the R24. When your multitrack recording is complete, you can use the R24's internal mixer, complete with real faders, equalization, panning, and more than 100 built-in DSP effects—including amp models and mastering effects like multi-band compression—to create a stereo mix with studio-quality sound.
Create music any way you like
The R24 is a pad sampler and rhythm machine too. Eight velocity-sensitive pads allow the triggering of up to 24 samples, drum sounds, or loops. 400 internal loops and drum patterns are provided, along with a 2 GB SD card which contains 500MB of loops and patterns from Big Fish Audio. There's also a USB flash drive included which contains an additional 500MB of drum loops recorded by Grammy Award-winning drummer Peter Erskine.
In addition, you can create your own custom samples and loops from recorded audio tracks. Quantization and time-stretching can be applied to ensure perfect synchronization. Three playback modes are available for each pad (Repeat, Gate, and 1Shot), and the onboard audio sequencer allows step entry of drum parts when absolute precision is required.
Best of all, the R24's multitrack recorder is fully integrated with the pad sampler and rhythm machine, allowing a wide variety of production styles to be accommodated. However you choose to build your productions, you'll find the R24 to be the ultimate creative tool.
Features at a glance
- 24-track playback, 8-track simultaneous recording
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB for up to 100 track hours
- Records mono and stereo WAV files (16 / 24-bit, 44.1 / 48 kHz sampling rates)
- Eight balanced mic/line/instrument-level inputs on XLR/TRS combo connectors
- 1 Low-Z input for connection of passive electric guitar and bass
- +24 and +48V phantom power (6 channels)
- Dual balanced ¼" TRS output jacks
- Headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Built-in metronome and chromatic tuner
- More than 100 send-return and insert DSP effects, including amp/preamp models and mastering algorithms
- User editing of effects parameters, with 390 patch memories for storage
- Independent level, pan, and EQ for each track
- Internal track bouncing and mixdown of multitrack to stereo
- Flexible overdubbing and both manual and automatic punch-in/out
- Loop playback with waveform zoom and user-defined start/stop points
- Variable playback speed from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Up to 100 marks per recording
- Invert track phase function